Occupational Therapy Services
What is Occupational Therapy?
Pediatric Occupational Therapy is a profession that specializes in the evaluation and treatment of children with delays that limit their participation in day-to-day activities and environments such as play, social interaction, school, community outings and basic self care, as well as delays with fine motor skills.
Our Pediatric Occupational Therapists provide evaluation, intervention and consultation in the following areas:
- Adaptive equipment modifications
- Environmental adaptations
- Fine motor skills (grasping, cutting, handwriting, etc.)
- Hand-eye coordination
- Organizing and planning motor skills
- Play and socialization skills
- Self-help and hygiene (feeding, dressing, washing hands, brushing teeth, etc.)
- Sensory integration and modulation
- Vestibular (movement and balance) skills
- Visual perception skills